Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

February Currently and NEW TpT Product!

It's been a while since I have blogged...over two months! I have never missed a Currently, in the 18+ months that I have been blogging, but I did miss it for the start of the new year...whoops! We have been busy and I have been going going going with school, exercising, and entertaining friends and family. I sat down today, first time in almost a year, and created a new TpT product. Since we are learning about Famous Americans in social studies right now and my class has been loving task cards, I made just that...Famous American Task Cards.

Virginia SOLs are pretty specific when it comes to our social studies units and I have always found it a bit hard to find things to use, especially something that second graders would understand. So these cards go over VA SOL 2.11 and include task cards on George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Jackie Robinson, Helen Keller, Susan B. Anthony and Martin Luther King, Jr. These Americans are famous everywhere, not just in the state of Virginia, so although I made them for VA 2nd graders, they can be used in many different elementary grade classrooms across the country. 

Okay...on to CURRENTLY with Farley over at Oh Boy 4th Grade!




listening...My husband and I absolutely LOVE The Blacklist on NBC. It was actually last year on a snow day that we had that we sat down and watched 5-6 episodes and got hooked...Reddington better be her father or else I will be disappointed!

loving...We are forecasted to have 6-10 inches of snow tonight in NOVA. We have not had a good snow storm all winter, and being from upstate NY, where they have gotten a TON of snow lately, we were feeling like we were missing out. Crazy part is that 6-10 inches would cripple our area...probably 2 snow days if we get at least 6 inches, unless the sun comes out tomorrow and melts it all. I was off last Friday and today being President's Day, gave me a 4 day weekend...I wouldn't mind a few more!

thinking...I LOVE my Fit Bit! I got the Charge for Christmas from my mother in law and I have been OCD about meeting my goals (10,000 steps, 5 miles, 2, 570 calories, and 10 flights of stairs). I have lost almost 10 pounds since New Year's and I owe a lot of it to my Fit Bit.

wanting... The week off...'nuff said!

needing...To keep up my motivation! The Fit Bit helps so much. I also signed up for 10K in the end of April and I have made it to 4 miles without stopping! I did a 5.5 miler last weekend, but had to stop and walk a few times. My husband and parents went in on a treadmill for me for Christmas and it has definitely been used this last 6 weeks. I try to run 3 times a week and then all other nights at least get to my 10,000 steps and walk on the treadmill while I watch a DVR show. 

pageant name...This was tough, but I have a very OCD, ready to go, always willing to do something type of personality. I do my job and I am always prepared for the week ahead...so therefore...Mrs. Always Prepared is what I came up with. 

Well...now, time to enjoy being lazy...already have 12,510 steps for the day since I ran this morning so it's time to watch the snow fall and wait for the snow day call! If you are in the path of Winter Storm Octavia...stay safe and enjoy the snow!

9 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog...here I am stopping by yours! Here in Wisconsin, we have missed all of the snow, and let's just say cabin fever is upon us and we all need another break...but having a school garden let's me keep our kiddos planting all year. We are doing microgreens and they are actually growing. We never did that before. They will be ready to eat...maybe even next week. Cute blog!

    Renee at The Science School Yard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wanting a Fit-bit so bad and I think you have talked me into getting one!!! I just started going to "Hip Hop Class" and I know I need to branch out to other forms of working out! I have 10 or more pounds to loose ... so tomorrow I am going to grab one! Thanks for your inspiration! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Charge it is the best. I like how you can see all your goals on the screen instead of having to look at your phone or computer with the Flex. Good luck, hope you love it as much as I do!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lindsay,
    My husband and I LOVE The Blacklist!!! We kind of like that it has moved to Thursdays in an earlier time slot. My hubby gets up at 4am for work so we don't stay up very late. I'm really hoping for a fitbit for Mother's Day!!! Thanks for popping by my blog. Where do you teach in Northern VA? I taught there for 8 years. I taught first and second grade. I was a runner there too. My favorite path was in Alexandria at Huntley Meadows. If I had a partner with me I'd run on the GW parkway. I ran a few 5Ks. My favorite was the 9/11 Memorial 5K. Sounds like we have a lot in common! Good to meet you!
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gainesville...so not too far from Alexandria! I would like to sign up for the Marine Corp 10K this year and run in the city. Did my first 6.2 miles on the treadmill today!

      Delete
  4. I am so curious about fitbit! I have been using my polar heart rate monitor for awhile now and I feel like I get a great reading from it during my workouts, but it is not an all day monitoring device. Good luck with your running! You will have to keep us all posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine has had a flex for about a year and I wasn't sold on it, until I saw the Charge model. I love that you can see your progress all day without having to get on your phone or computer. Very motivating. Today we had another snow day, and I get a little lazy on snow days, so my goal for myself is 20,000 steps...I am already over 16,000!

      Delete
  5. I have the Fit Bit Zip and I'm not totally sold on it. Mostly because I rarely make 10,000 steps during the week! It is FREEZING here (-25 today with windchill) and it's so hard to leave my apartment when I don't have to. I get about 6,000 during the school day, but normally only get up to 8,000 before I go to sleep. Anyway, that's great you've been finding it helpful!

    Years That Ask Questions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Lindsay! Thank you for stopping by my page! A snow day does sound very tempting right about now, but I always drag my feet when I have to make it up in the spring. How many days have you gotten this year already?

    I used to live in the Midwest and we always had snow. Now that I'm in Texas, we would be lucky to just have one snow day. :)

    Ha
    Happy Days in First Grade

    ReplyDelete