Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Happy Holidays: December Currently & Visual Plans


...I am a little later than usually for Currently, with Farley, but here it is!  



Listening: My husband came home from the store with Mortal Instruments from RedBox, so we are giving it a try. Not sure how I feel about it just yet. 

Loving: I had my first observation of the school year, I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about it. I have always had good observations, but my class of 28 has surely given me a run for my money. I invited my principal in for guided reading and Daily 5 and the kiddos were ANGELS! I was so proud of them. She left my a note on my desk complimenting my lessons, my students and then said YOU ARE AWESOME! That just made my day! 

Thinking: I was all excited that I got the majority of my Christmas shopping done between Black Friday and Cyber Monday...that is until my four year told me she didn't need her own "iPad". Elf on the Shelf, ours name is Jefferson, has just started visiting our house and I told her to tell him what she wanted for Christmas. Just to see what she thought about the idea, I said told to ask for her own "iPad" in which she replies no. Well that just chapped my buns, especially since I had just ordered a Kindle Fire HD for $119!!! Seriously, saved $50 on the price and thought it was a great idea since she is always using our real iPad. So I cancelled the order. She is in the stage right now where when she doesn't want something, she gets cranky. So I guess it's out to find more pink Princess, Barbie and other things this weekend!

Wanting: As you know, if you already follow my blog, my husband and I are originally from NY. Our friends and family are back in NY celebrating the usual pre-holiday festivities and I am missing home. We stayed in VA for Thanksgiving because we did a lot of traveling this summer and early fall. Plus, my parents were in Wyoming and we planned a Friends Giving. This is the first year we missed Thanksgiving Eve out with our friends...and I am missing the girls ugly sweater/white elephant party...but new traditions in the making. VA is really starting to feel like our new "home". 

Needing: Not sure explaining here...I just need a pamper me day. 

Favorite Tradition: Watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation with my parents. We have been watching this movie since I was a little girl, as far back as I can remember. It is HILARIOUS! And I want to buy this shirt from Kohl's to wear this holiday season:

And here are my Visual Plans for this week as well...(two birds, one stone!)





I'll be honest...I was waiting to do Currently because I am in the middle of creating a Christmas Centers Packet and a Holiday Packet of worksheets, but I just don't have the time or motivation to finish them. It's odd because I was like this last December too. I made a Thanksgiving packet last year and this year, tried to finish a Christmas packet both last year and this year...but no such luck yet. I do however have my Polar Express packets available in my TpT store...

Polar Express Activity Pack  vPolar Express Math and Literacy Centers

Check them out! And because it is the holiday season, I am feeling fabulous because of my observation and I have nothing new to share with you...the first five people to comment will get one of above packets for FREE! All you need to do is the following: 
  • PIN the cover on Pinterest with my blog address and Polar Express in the comment 
  • Follow me on my blog and blog lovin' if you aren't already
  • Leave your e-mail in the comment so I know where to send the packet (and tell me which one you prefer)
HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Not sure if I will be bloggin' again until I am officially on WINTER BREAK (December 20th is our last day...and YES, we have to go back on January 2nd and 3rd...don't get me started!)


2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog from Farley's Currently (and I'm your newest follower)! It sounds like you are having a busy year too! So glad to hear that your observation went so well! I wish we had administrators that were so supportive! You clearly rocked your lesson! We have to go back on the 2nd and 3rd too! My kids have a full two weeks off! Crazy isn't is?

    œKaryn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! I totally relate to missing family. I lived away from home for 16 years and just now finally moved back:) The holidays are not quite the same when you're not with your family. Cute Blog!!

    Tammy
    Come By and Visit My Blogs!
    ”Dots” of Fun!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete