Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Meet the Teacher Tuesday? Peek at My Week AND a Bright Idea Blog HOP!


I have been wanting to link up with The Ordinary To Extraordinary Classroom for Meet the Teacher Monday for a few weeks now...and I never get a chance to blog on Monday nights! I am usually just burnt out. So you're going to learn more about me on TUESDAY! :o)

Meet the Teacher (Monday): FAST FIVE!

List 5 Things You Always Keep in Your Purse: (now, I don't have a designated purse...on week days I use only my school bag and on weekends I transfer my wallet...)
  1. Lady Products! and in the car, at school, etc...
  2. Hand-Sanitizer, usually a wonderful smelling Bath & Body scent to match the season (my favorite has been Autumn Day)
  3. Mints!
  4. Nail file
  5. iPhone
List 5 Things You Love about Yourself:
  1. My messy organization
  2. My creativity
  3. My sense of humor
  4. I am always on time
  5. If I want something...I normally get it! And I mean that in a good way...I'll work for it or make it happen!
List 5 Things You Do to Keep Yourself Busy:
  1. Blog (write, read, browse, stalk...)
  2. Read
  3. Watch numerous awful and some good TV shows
  4. Plan day trips, parties, events, anything to keep the day from being boring!
  5. Spend time with my family
List 5 Things that Attract You to the Opposite Sex:
  1. Sense of Humor
  2. Trustworthiness
  3. Ability to Communicate, or at least try and work on it
  4. Adventurous 
  5. Fun (willingness to do fun things, be funny, silly, sarcastic)
List 5 Things You Want to Accomplish in 2014
  1. Run a 10K
  2. Lose some pounds, gain some muscle!
  3. Move and decorate our new home to feel comfortable
  4. Be more patient
  5. Possibly, maybe, discuss more with my husband about having a second child...we both want to most days...but there are definitely some days when our dear Addy gives us a run for our money...literally, and she will be in K next year...no more daycare payments? Sounds good, but we'll see what 2014 has to bring! 



Could it be? No SNOW DAYS or ICE DAYS or FREEZE DAYS this week? We'll see...tomorrow there is freezing rain in the forecast...but I am convinced that the temperature will not drop low enough for a delay or closing. For those of you having a snow day tomorrow, ENJOY!



It might not be the most creative or amazing idea...but it does save a lot of time untangling headphone cords and dealing with too many students at the listening center. I use individual cd players (I pick them up at the local thrift store for $2-3 each) so that each students can take a bag with one, a book and the CD and bring it to their seat. It doesn't limit how many students can be at listening center as long as you can find a few cd players. I put a note out to parents and they sent in old ones too!

Sterilite Large Clip Box Green Set of 6
Again, not the most complicated and creative idea...but is does make copying a lot easier to manage and carry back to your room. I took this idea from another colleague at school. I keep my copy paper in it and whenever I have something that I want to copy, I will slip it in the bin so that I have everything in one place when I get time to copy. (Bought mine at Wal-Mart, also at Target)

 
And lastly, HAND SIGNALS! It makes answering questions a lot easier to manage! Especially when I am with a small group, on the phone, talking with another adult, etc. I can just scan the room and see what my students needs are. 

AND FINALLY...(I know, thought this post was never going to end, huh?)

CONGRATULATIONS to Andrea over at Reading Toward the Stars, the winner of one of my February Holiday Packs! I need to get going on a new pack soon!




5 comments:

  1. I was just talking to a teacher friend a few minutes ago but also running a 10k this year. Good luck!
    Teaching, Love, Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same type of organizational skills! It is nice to see that I am not alone! Enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haa Haa, I am guilty of watching bad TV too. Thanks to Netflix and HULU, I think I watch some of the most horrible shows know to man. I am all about messy organization too. It never fails, when I clean up...I can't find a thing. In 2014 I am going to try to organize the chaos. Thanks for participating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay,

    I LOVE how cute your lesson plans are!! Adorable! You stopped by my blog a while back- I'm a fellow NOVA teacher- ACPS. I look forward to following you and maybe meeting up sometime! :-)

    Heather
    The Land of I Can

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your visual plans! I love this idea! I have I nominated you for the Liebster award. Please check out the post on my blog for the rules for accepting the nomination.

    Lisa
    PAWSitively Teaching

    ReplyDelete