Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

September CURRENTLY, Visual Plans and My Chairless Classroom...Back to School!

I'm not even sure how I am awake to write this post, but I hate to miss a CURRENTLY!!!



...I started this post a couple of days ago but then realized that I had no pictures of my room! You all have to see my chair-less classroom. I am still working out some of the kinks, but it is pretty cool.










As you can see, there are different types of seating available in my classroom including bean bag chairs, bucket seats, stability balls, a lowered table for sitting on pillows at the floor and desks that have been raised for students seating on stools or that like to stand. My theme thing year is black and white chevron and owls...if you like it, head on over to TpT to buy my theme bundle...



First Day of School... Addy- K, Mommy- 2nd and Daddy- 4th (at a different school)



Crazy enough, my daughter Addyson also started kindergarten this year! And she is attending my school. She did really well the first day, but they had some meltdowns later this week. It was really hard for her to see me in the halls and at lunch and not be able to run and give me a hug. With a little time, I am sure she will adapt just fine. 

And I leave you with my first two weeks of lesson plans! I have a student teacher this year, so I have to be on top on my planning! Good thing I use visual plans along and link up with Mrs. Laffin Mrs. Wills! 


Week 1


Week 2




Looking forward to a year with my second graders! 

3 comments:

  1. I love the stability balls! My kids are on the Autism Spectrum and the balls, for some of them, are AH-MA-ZING!! We sit on them in writing class and have several in the sensory room where they are allowed to bounce. I like the bean bag chairs, too. I need to get some of those!!
    SOOTHE Her Soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a cool idea for your classroom! All those options to sit on would be so much fun!!

    Jemima
    Luck's Little Learners

    ReplyDelete