Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Back to School! Currently and More...

Whoa! I have not blogged since March...

A lot has been going on since then, summer break (where did that go?...too short...) and now Back-to-School. I am teaching 2nd grade again in Northern Virginia. I used to loop, 1st to 2nd and back again, but this year my team has a changed a bit and we have stayed in 2nd grade. 

Today was the first day of school...and crazy enough, I did almost everything on my plans AND all my kiddos got on the right bus, home, safe and sound. MRS.OLES-1, 2015-16 FAILS-0...so far!

Here is a peek at my room set-up this year...







And here is my 1st GRADER! O.M.G. She is getting too grown up! I love that she attends my school and that I can be as much of a part of her education as possible. We started reading Junie B. Jones, Toothless Wonder last night and she is in LOVE with Junie! 



Here are my first week Visual Plans sharing with you through Mrs. Wills Peek at My Week...



and CURRENTLY, thanks to Farley over at Oh Boy Fourth Grade


Listening- My daughter is obsessed with this movie...so tonight we sat down to watch it together. It's cute!
Loving- I have a cute new group of 2nd graders...TONS of different personalities.
Thinking- Our 2nd grade is bursting at the seems! Our principal has told us we will be getting a 6th teacher soon. It will be great for numbers, but it'll be hard to move a few kiddos.
Wanting- Just posted a new Donors Choose project for mini iPads...hoping to get it funded soon! Feeling in the mood for giving...check it out
Needing- I am doing a 30 day challenge with some friends to eat clean...I'm trying my best! 

I hope to not go another 5 months before blogging again. Hope everyone is having a great start to the school year! Here is a little FREEBIE


4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your clean eating challenge!!!! Make sure to share your DC on Facebook and email it out to anyone you would think that would think about funding some of it. Recently I emailed it to my insurance agent and he gave $100 to it and then did the 7 day matching code!!!! Thinking positive for your DC project!!! Over the past month I have gotten the blog bug - I started blogging in 2011 and then stopped and then life happened and then I got the bug and haven't turned back!!!

    Megan
    The Brand New Pencil

    ReplyDelete
  2. My school is in need of a new teacher too! We had 28 Kindergarteners which forced my teammate into a K-1 combo! She now has 24 babies! I'm also trying to eat healthy!

    Whitney
    Fabulous Fun in Grade 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your clean eating challenge! It's amazing how much better you feel when you eat cleanly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is your little peanut! First grade is such an exciting year (as you know) so it'll be fun to see how she grows. I love how your goals are so positive. Good luck with the clean eating thing - I unfortunately don't think I have the willpower :) Thanks for checking out my blog!

    Paige
    Paiges of Learning

    ReplyDelete