Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

First Grade, New Themes, TpT, Running and some healthy ideas for the mix...

First Grade
Now that I know that I am going to be teaching first grade next year, I am getting really excited about it. What I would love to know from all the firstie teacher's out there is what kinds of materials or products they are looking for in a TpT item? 

Any ideas of products you would be interested in, I would love to hear from you!

Classroom Themes
Last year, about a month before school started or so, I decided to make all my own themed item for my classroom. I went with different types of polka dots. Then I decided to take those products and make other themes including stripes, zebra and a 31-Gifts Inspired theme. I want to make new ones this year. I have thought about ocean life, a simple school theme, and a twist on Dr. Seuss. Any other ideas? Anything you have been searching for and would love to use next year? I am open for requests!

Check out my themes from last year: 

Running & Some Healthy Ideas
Here is the DC Metro area it has gone from cold and snow days about a month ago, to 60 degrees (a nice spring feel), to HOT...it was 91 when I was running last night between 5 and 6pm. I have been running between 2 and 5 miles on average twice a week for about 4 months and I ran my worst run in a long time last night. That leads to my first question, any tips on running in the heat? Also, I shared my favorite running items last week and I would love to know what others think about the best running shoes, running clothes, etc. 

I am not a huge fan of yogurt, but I LOVE Chobani Greek Yogurt. And most recently, I have fallen in love with the Chobani flips! Yogurt on one side and some toppings on the other and you just flip it over and mix together. My favorite flavors are key lime yogurt with graham crackers and white chocolate chips and coconut yogurt with almonds and dark chocolate. And lastly, a little crunch for my salad that are tasty and better for you that croutons: Calbee Snack Salad Snapea Crisps! My favorite salad is some spring mix, Gorgonzola, red onions, cherry tomatoes, snapea crisps and Marzetti Light Balsamic. 



Hey! Why not add a free give-away for your shared thoughts! Leave me an idea for a packet for TpT, a classroom theme and/or some running tips and I will send you any of my calendar months for free! Check them out on the links above. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsay! You are going to LOVE 1st. This is my 13th year teaching it and I cannot imagine teaching any other grade. I have TONS of *freebies* on my blog and in my TPT store. I am more than happy to share any resources and activities that you want or need. Please just ask. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete