Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Sunshine Blogger Award...because we all could use some SUN!


Thanks to Ash over at The Rolly Chair for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! 

The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
1.  Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2.  Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world.
4. Make up 11 questions for your nominees to answer.

11 Random Fact about ME:

#1 I am an only child...and I get really irritated when people say things like, "oh, they must be an only child" like it's a legit syndrome. I turned out just fine I think! 
#2 My husband was my high school sweetheart...yes! That's right! We met when I was 15 and we starting dating when I was 16 (the day I got my driver's license). We married when I was 22 and had our daughter when I was 23.
#3 I am originally from a smallllll town in NY, but moved to VA for a job. I had an interview one day and two weeks later I started my new job. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, to move my family to VA when our families are all in NY. 
#4 I love to cook and bake...but only when I have enough time to enjoy it. Therefore, my husband does a lot of cooking during the week. We LOVE the crockpot!
#5 I LOVE coffee! I can't imagine giving it up. Starbucks is my favorite but I only go on Friday mornings as a treat! And I rarely ever pay for it because all my friends and family (and usually my students, too!) know that all I need as a gift is a Starbucks gift card.
#6 My name was going to be Jeffrey if I was a boy...thank goodness I was a girl...I have had a few bad Jeff experiences!
#7 I love to READ!!! Seriously... I read every night before I go to bed. There are some nights that if I am reading a really good book, I will stay up until I finish it. One Christmas Eve, before my husband and I were married and we spent the night with our own families, I read a WHOLE Nicholas Sparks book. 
#8 I am a sucker for Hunger Games and Twilight. I can't help myself...and yes...I loved Fifty Shades of Grey too.
#9 I am a newbie runner...within the past two years. I go through spurts of being really good and really bad. I am going to run in a 5k in May, so I hope the warm weather is on its way because I need to get OUT and run!
#10 I love a good slice of pizza and an ice cold glass of MILK!
#11 My husband and I have become wine lovers...really, we go to the wineries almost every weekend. We even play wine Jeopardy...and yes! We win!

Ash's 11 Questions for me the answer:

1.  What's the last good book that you've read? Everything Nice by Ellen Shanman...that last book I read. It came off the borrow shelf in the teacher's lounge and it was pretty good. 
2.  What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? Mint Ting-a-Ling...yes it is different than Mint Chocolate Chip!
3.  Dogs or cats? I grew up having each, but at different times. I love cats because they are self sufficient for the most part. But I love dogs too!
4.  What subject are you least comfortable teaching?  Why? Math...even though I have my Masters half in math and I am good at it...it's very hard for me to teach.
5.  What will always put a smile on your face? the beach
6.  How often do you cook? At least twice a week...my husband is the chef most of the time.
7.  Do you watch the Olympics? yes and no...I only watch certain sports (beach volleyball, gymnastics, skiing)
8.  Do you type or hand-write your lesson plans? Type them...I do visual plans.
9.  Have you ever used a sick day to do something fun?  What did you do? Yes...I spent the day with my mom and dad when they came to visit me. 
10. How do you de-stress? Nap, run, hang out with friends.
11.  If you weren't in education and money didn't matter, what "job" would you want? I am a wedding planner on the side and I do it during the summers mostly. If I could do that all the time, I would love it.

Now time for me to nominate 11 bloggers who I think bring sunshine to the bloggin' world:


And here are your 11 questions!

#1 How long have you been a teacher?
#2 What grades have you taught?
#3 How many students do you have in your class? What was the highest and lowest number's you've had?
#4 Do you have a classroom theme? What is it?
#5 What is the most expensive items you've purchased on TpT? Why did you buy it?
#6 If you could invent one thing to make the school day easier, what would it be?

Okay enough about school!
#7 What could you not go a day without...okay...three things?
#8 What is your favorite store to shop in?
#9 What is your favorite restaurant to eat at?
#10 Mac or PC?
#11 What is your favorite recipes to make for dinner?

Hope everyone will enjoy participating! 






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me! I'm excited to participate. :)

    Kristin
    One Stop Teacher Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me! I'll be doing it tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete