Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Books, Books, Books!

I was like a kid in the candy shop a few weeks ago when I got onto Scholastic and ordered new books for my classroom library. My mother-in-law is a teacher as well, and she had over 1800 pts and she gave me half of them! Then Scholastic had extra bonus points, double I think, and I wound up spending $50 on 50 books. One of the hardest things about looping from second to third grade, with the same kids, is keeping them interested in your classroom library. Hopefully they will enjoy my choices that include Flat Stanley, Junie B. Jones, Fudge trio by Judy Blume, Big Nate, Cam Jensen, Judy Moody, a few Ronald Dahl books, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, a couple My Weirdest School books, and many more!


Also, check out these great finds from Targets $1 baskets! They have a bunch of teacher stuff in the baskets right now, at least at my Target anyways. I would go check it out.



Then if my book finds weren't already exciting enough, my uncle gave me 12 Ask Me Why books. I have never heard of them before, but they look very interesting! They are colorful, hardcovered, and have quite a few of the science and social studies topics that I teach in 2nd and 3rd grade.





And just to finish up my book post, I will leave you with a few books that I am looking forward to reading this summer:









No comments:

Post a Comment