1. I am married to my high school sweetheart! We met when I was 15, his dad was my driver's ed. teacher and we started dating when I was 16, the same day I got my driver's license. Pretty neat little story for us two. We'll be together 10 years on September 18th, and married for 4 on September 27th...I like celebrating our anniversary for a whole week!
4. I am a wedding planner in the summer...scratch that...all year but the weddings are in the summer. It is a stressful hobby job, but it all pays off when I see my clients dancing their first dance as husband and wife. The picture is of a wedding I did a few summers ago.
5. My favorite place to be, is at the beach! We usually go every summer to Topsail Island in North Carolina. We got this year the week before I have to be back for teacher days and I cannot wait!
6. I am a HUGE Bon Jovi fan. I have been to eleven concerts in the past 8 years, including two where I camped out on the sidewalk in NYC to see him the following morning at the Today Show Concert Series. I saw him at LIVE Earth back on 07/07/07 and was at his free concert in Central Park. And many more. The sad part...I haven't seen him in almost 2 years! But I am determined to go soon. Both my Aunt and I who are the fanactics have had children in the past 3 years, so we can't be quick as spontaneous.
7. I used to live in a very rural town...then we moved outside on Washington D.C. And it just so happens that there is a Starbucks around every corner. When we first moved here, I was getting one every day...a non fat caramel latte...and it got expensive! So now I make it a special Friday morning treat to celebrate the end of the work week.
8. I made my own wedding cake! And since then, I have made my in-laws 25th anniversary/wedding vow renewal cake, my brother-in-laws wedding cake and a month ago I made the cutting cake and cupcakes for my friend's wedding as her wedding gift. I love baking!
Our wedding cake
Cupcakes for my friends wedding
And that's really me in a nut shell. I am a happily married, adoring mother, who runs, bakes, listens to Bon Jovi, plans weddings, drinks Starbucks and loves the beach!