Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

H is for Helpful Hints (We are THANK ful for Linky Party)

I'm linking up again with Blog Hoppin' for their Linky Party: We are THANK ful for...and today's post is...


I mentioned in my post yesterday to make sure you stopped in for today's helpful hints! Here are my Top Three Helpful Hints for Teachers:

I have been teaching on and off for the past 5 years...every grade K-6. Last year was my first ever FULL year of being a full time teacher. But not matter how long you've been teaching, it will always be important to plan ahead. This has always been a goal of mine each year: plan ahead at least one week. Not until this year, when I found an amazing linky party, have I been so organized in my planning. I am always a week, if not two weeks planned ahead because I am obsessed with creating and blogging with my Visual Plans. There are easy to make, but for your convenience, I uploaded by template on TpT. Click on Hint #1 to go and download it.

A few of my followers have asked me how I make my TpT products...so here you go! Click on Hint #2 for the download.


And last but certainly not least, Donors Choose! This website used to confuse me soooo much and I would get frustrated and give up. Well it is updated in the last few months and now is SUPER easy to create a project. I am currently running a project for an iPad for my classroom. You can now put things in a project from Amazon, Best Buy and Scholastic. Before it was only teacher stores like LakeShore and others. Took me less than 30 minutes to get this project up and ready to go. You can share the project link on your facebook and friends and family can donate as well. Check it out!

Come back tomorrow and check out my post for:

Wednesday:  ACTIVITIES LIKE... We will post about activities that we just love doing in our classrooms!  Show us those WOW lessons!


5 comments:

  1. I love Donor's Choose! I am working on a new project now.

    Yeehaw! Teaching in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question...how do y'all get hooked up with these Linky parties?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The linky parties are all over the blogging world. I happened upon Currently over a year ago and have been doing that one ever since with Oh Boy Fourth Grade. Peek at my Week is with Mrs. Will's Kindergarten and the THANKful one that I am doing right now is with Blog Hoppin. You write your post and then go back to the blog who is hosting the linky party and at the end of their post there will be a button that says Add Your Link. Add the specific link from your post about the linky party and then fill in the rest. Hope this helps!

      Lindsay

      Delete
  3. I just downloaded your Visual Plans......THANKS! I really love the template! Question....I've been searching for the highlighted font you used on the Days of the Week in that template. Can you let me know where you got it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pea Weenie...Kevin and Amanda Pea Fonts...and then in PowerPoint I use the glow text effects. Good luck with your visual plans! Come back and leave a comment so I can see them if you are blogging along with Mrs. Will's!

      Lindsay

      Delete